Sunday, December 2, 2007

Part Dve


Tim assisting me in Utkatasana....Photo courtesy of Cynthia Bacani

I am finding that in my practice I was trying to muscle my way through each asana so much that I wasn't enjoying the "steady, comfortability" that is available to me if I just relax and let it happen. My teachers say that there has to be a balance between effort and ease....between strength and flexibility. Becoming light in a very physical, vigorous practice is the hard part...but to watch an advanced teacher make it look so effortless...It makes you hopeful.

So, I am just being patient with myself, easier with myself....SO I don't hurt myself anymore!

My teaching debut is this Tuesday night for an Abbreviated Ashtanga class. It's funny, though, because I feel so safe with Ashtanga....I have the series I can follow like a friend holding my hand and taking me on the path. I think I am more nervous to teach a Flow class where you have to create the path...Hmm....Sounds like I need to confront that fear then. But, going back to Ashtanga, I know I will have all my classmates and fellow Ashtangis in class who will know it's my proverbial "first time!" I just want to get the bugs out, find my voice, and start teaching people the beauty of this practice!

This teacher training awakened something in my Self that had always been there. All I needed was a knock and my doors were flung wide open! I have some wonderful classmates in my teacher training who inspire me so much...Here is our class....

No comments: