Wednesday, November 28, 2007

holiday

This time of year everyone gets all freaked out and frantic about the holiday. I just got back from vacation and I highly recommend to anyone to take a holiday this time of year....you need it! Some time without shopping, family, or any engagements. I have this overwhelming sense of peace washing over me....acceptance, I think.... for where I am now. I have this whole lifetime to perfect my yoga practice. I want to be the very best teacher and inspiration that I can be...but i still am human...i am not perfect.

So, I was doing my walking meditation on the beach, right? I started thinking that the beach is really an ocean's graveyard. All of these beautiful little homes for sea creatures were excavated and left on the shore for me to find. And....there is such childlike joy in finding that perfect shell half-buried in the sand at low tide in one of the tide pools....It's like you found some treasure that you didn't know you were searching for until there it is in your hand shining with salt and sand. Funny now that I have the shells back home...they have dulled just a bit, some of the luster left back on that island in the sun.....

Maybe that's how it is when we live our everyday lives....sometimes we get a glimpse of something real inside ourselves, something to keep us connected....and then we get caught up in the whirlwind of our busy bee lives and forget that shiny piece of treasure in our hearts. I was going to say "it's my goal to keep it shiny" but you know....I don't want to make it a goal...because that just means i have to keep grabbing for it. I think I'm going to just try and know it's always there. Maybe it'll work this time.

1 comment:

Kristin On A Mission said...

i really like this post. right on sistah!
xo,
k